MIT professor exposes ‘egregious error’ & evidence tampering in US report on Syria sarin incident

From RT

April 14, 2017

A closer look at photos from the town of Khan Shaykhun shows that the chemical attack site was tampered with and that the US report blaming the Syrian government can’t be true, says the MIT professor skeptical of the White House narrative.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology Professor Theodore Postol, who wrote a preliminary review of the US government claims earlier this week and shared his findings with RT, examined photographs of the attack site and concluded that the report endorsed by the White House “could not be true.”

Senior US administration officials who briefed the media on Tuesday admitted the White House intelligence was partly “based on the pro-opposition social media reporting,” which “tells a very clear and consistent story about what we think happened.”

Postol’s six-page addendum, made public on Thursday evening, “unambiguously shows that the assumption in the [White House report] that there was no tampering with the alleged site of the sarin release is not correct.”

That assumption was “totally unjustified,” wrote Postol, “and no competent intelligence analyst would have agreed that this assumption was valid.”

By implication, the report was not reviewed and released by competent intelligence experts – “unless they were motivated by factors other than concerns about the accuracy of the report,” the professor added.

Postol’s key argument is a series of photographs of the crater where the container holding sarin was supposedly air-dropped. He pointed to a photograph of several men inspecting the site, wearing loose clothing and medical gloves.

“If there were any sarin present at this location when this photograph was taken everybody in the photograph would have received a lethal or debilitating dose of sarin,” he wrote. “The fact that these people were dressed so inadequately either suggests a complete ignorance of the basic measures needed to protect an individual from sarin poisoning, or that they knew that the site was not seriously contaminated.”

Another photo shows the crushed contained half-buried in the crater, while in other photos is has been dug up and repositioned.

On Thursday, CIA Director Mike Pompeo confirmed that it was his agency which concluded that the Syrian government was responsible for the chemical weapons attack in Khan Shaykhun, which persuaded Trump to fire 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian airbase last week.

“We were good, and fast,” Pompeo said at an event in Washington, DC, “and we got it right.”

The US missile attack caused tensions between Washington and Moscow, leading to a suspension of a military hotline intended to “deconflict” operations over Syria and the US-led coalition scaling back its strikes against Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL.)

The Syrian government has denied using or even possessing chemical weapons. Syria’s compliance with the Chemical Weapons Convention was certified by international observers in 2013, the Russian General Staff said, noting that this did not include two sites on territory controlled by the rebels.

https://www.rt.com/usa/384800-syria-gas-professor-addendum/

UK Daily Mail deleted article about U.S. plan to stage chemical attack in Syria

From Fort Russ

April 7, 2017 – Fort Russ News

RIA Novosti – Translated by Kristina Kharlova

By Mikhail Voskresensky

MOSCOW, 7 Feb – The British paper Daily Mail has removed an article titled “The United States supported the plan to carry out a chemical attack in Syria and blame Assad regime” dated January 29 2013.

On Friday, US launched 59 missiles on the Syrian Shayrat airfield in HOMS province, without any proof claiming that a chemical attack in Idlib province was carried out from there.

Author of the article Louise Boyle reported that the US planned chemical attack to serve as a pretext for strengthening the international coalition military action in Syria.

“Emails, supposedly proving that the White House gave approval for carrying out chemical attack in Syria, which would be blamed on Assad regime and in turn would strengthen international military operations in the country. The published report contains correspondence between the two senior officials of the British-based company Britam Defence, which states that plan “approved by Washington” suggests that Qatar will finance the use of chemical weapons by rebel forces in Syria,” – the article says.

The article says that the correspondence was published by Malaysian hacker who also obtained access to resumes and copies of passports of its leaders.

RIA Novosti has asked Daily Mail to answer why and when exactly this article was removed from the website.

Official representative of Russian Defense Ministry major General Igor Konashenkov said Friday that the strike by US cruise missiles at Syrian airbase was prepared long before the events of Friday.

“It is obvious that American cruise missile strike on Syrian airbase has been prepared long before today’s events. For preparation of such impact it is necessary to conduct a large set of activities for exploration, planning, preparation of flight missions and bringing the missiles ready for launch”, -he said.

According to Konashenkov, “For any specialist it is clear that the decision on the missile strike on Syria was made in Washington long before the events at Khan Shaykhun, which served only as a formal reason, and a show of military strength is dictated solely by political reasons.”

http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/04/daily-mail-deleted-article-about-us.html