From World Beyond War
A CALL TO CHANGE THE PUBLIC CONVERSATION
TEN URGENT STEPS FOR NUCLEAR ABOLITION
- Stop making new weapons!
- Institute a moratorium on any new weapons, laboratories, delivery systems!
- No refurbishing or “modernization” of old weapons! LET THEM RUST IN PEACE!
- Immediately separate all nuclear bombs from their missiles as China does.
- Take up repeated offers from Russia and China to negotiate treaties to ban space weapons and cyberwar and dismantle Trump’s Space Force.
- Reinstate the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, the Open Skies Treaty, the Intermediate Nuclear Forces Treaty.
- Remove U.S. missiles from Romania and Poland.
- Remove U.S. nuclear bombs from NATO bases in Germany, Holland, Belgium, Italy, and Turkey.
- Sign the new Treaty for the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
- Take up past Russian offers to reduce U.S. and Russian nuclear arsenals from what is now 13,000 bombs to 1,000 each, and call the other seven nations, with 1,000 nuclear bombs between them, to the table to negotiate for the complete elimination of nuclear weapons as required by the Nonproliferation Treaty of 1970.