Below is a sample letter to take into your community, gather signatures outside the post office and grocery stores, and deliver to local, regional, and federal officials.
Educating the public and raising the visibility of this must be done now. Flood newspapers with letters to the editor. Protests are urgently needed, even if it is one person holding a sign on a busy street corner.
We must do this now!
To President Barack Obama, Secretary of State John Kerry, Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and CIA Director John Brennan:
- We the undersigned support the sovereign nation of Syria.
- We affirm that only the Syrian people have the right to determine their future and their government.
- We demand that the U.S. government and its agents immediately cease all hostile actions against the nation of Syria and provide financial assistance to the Syrian government for the refugee crisis.
The United States has engaged in aggression against Syria for over 60 years. The CIA staged its first coup against newly-independent Syria in 1949 to help the Arabian-American Oil Company and their proposed Trans-Arabian Pipeline. This was followed by other coups and covert actions up to the present day.
The goals of the US and its allies include control of natural resources and favorable pipeline routes in the region. They have waged wars and covert actions against Iran, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, and other countries. The horrible cost has been millions dead, the lives and futures of many millions more destroyed, countries demolished, permanent and far-ranging environmental destruction, and a refugee crisis.
The United States brazenly announces its intention to remove Syria’s elected leader President Bashar al-Assad. It funds and trains terrorist militias to overthrow President Assad, against all international law. In 2007, General Wesley Clark said: “We’re going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran.” This is lawlessness.
On March 2011, violent protestors in Syria bombed two buildings including the court house in the town of Dara’a and murdered 7 policemen. Snipers on the rooftops murdered police and protestors. This armed insurrection is supported by the United States, Israel, Saudi Arabia, France, the UK, and other partners.
On August 22, 2013, an attack at Ghouta using sarin gas killed Syrians, including children. Investigations by the UN and others point to US-sponsored terror groups as the perpetrators.
The U.S. has repeatedly violated Syrian air space and bombed Syria. It recently blew up a power plant in Aleppo, depriving residents of safe drinking water. And now, the United States is officially invading Syria against international law, and the French have brought their largest warship, the Charles De Gaulle, to the Syrian coast and bombed Syria.
This is terrorism.
Furthermore, there is substantial evidence that US and coalition partners including Israel, Turkey, and Great Britain, actually fund, supply, and train ISIS.
We condemn these despicable and illegal acts by the United States, its personnel, and its allies against the nation of Syria. It is no longer possible to trust the claims made by our government or our news media, which have been repeatedly revealed as lies.
We demand that the United States government immediately:
- recognize Syria as a sovereign country and Bashar al-Assad as the democratically-elected leader of Syria
- stop all calls for President Assad to resign or be deposed, and stop the slander, demonizing, and information warfare against the Syrian government
- stop the information warfare against Russia
- withdraw all US personnel from the territory of Syria and cease all trespass over Syrian borders
- cease all support for terrorist (“moderate rebel”) groups within Syria which are fighting against the Syrian government and the Syrian people, including ISIS, al-Nusra, Free Syrian Army, and al Qaeda afilliates, and advise all coalition partners to also comply
- ask the Syrian government for an estimate of immediate funds needed for the huge humanitarian crisis and pay that amount
- ask the Syrian government to assess infrastructure damage and civilian loss caused by the US and affiliated groups, and pay that bill in full immediately.
- cooperate with Russia in their requests
- provide all assistance to Syria, Iraq, Iran, and Russia to eliminate ISIS and other terrorist groups
- investigate the possible involvement of John McCain, other US Senators, the CIA, and other US entities in plotting to shoot down an American plane to pin the blame on Russia.
We the undersigned stand with the people of Syria. We support their exclusive right to choose a leader and control their resources. We call on all Americans to join us in affirming the sovereignty and rights of Syria, and condemn the hostile and illegal actions of the United States toward Syria.