US-supported ‘moderate’ group responsible for deadly chlorine gas attack in Aleppo; 7 dead, 23 injured

Where is President Obama’s red line now?

From RT
August 3, 2016

Syrian fighters from a rebel group considered ‘moderate’ by Washington are responsible for using toxic gas shells that killed seven and injured 23 in Aleppo on Tuesday, according to a statement from the Russian Ministry of Defense.

Read more

A general view shows rising smoke from burning tyres, which activists said are used to create smoke cover from warplanes, in Aleppo, Syria August 1, 2016 Abdalrhman Ismail

“On August 2, 2016 at 19 hours 05 minutes militants from the Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki group, considered by Washington as ‘moderate opposition’, launched poisonous materials from the Sukkari district towards the eastern part of Aleppo,” the ministry said.

It added that the territory is under rebel control and that shells were fired towards “the residential area” of the Salah-Eddin district.

Moscow informed Washington of the use of toxic shells on Monday, Lieutenant-General Sergey Chvarkov, head of the Russian Reconciliation Center in Syria, said.

On Tuesday evening, Syria’s state-run SANA news agency reported that Syrian officials said an attack using poisonous gas had occurred in Aleppo. A “terrorist attack” on the Old City of Aleppo with “shells containing toxic gas” led to the deaths of five and suffocation of eight more civilians, the outlet quoted the city’s health director, Mohamad Hazouri, as saying.

A local police source told SANA that terrorist groups fired rocket shells at the al-Hamadaniyeh neighborhood, injuring six. They also targeted the Salah-Eddin neighborhood, killing two and injuring 11 more.

Meanwhile a chilling video purporting to show the aftermath of the deadly toxic shelling in Aleppo emerged online on Wednesday.

The footage captures the moment victims were rushed to hospital. Most of them appear unable to walk on their own and on the verge of fainting.

We’ve taken 12 injured people, six other patients have already died from suffocation. Our doctors were prepared to treat people showing symptoms of gas poisoning. We’ve been expecting terrorists to use weapons of this kind,” a doctor at the Aleppo hospital told RT.

The gas in question was reportedly chlorine – a highly toxic substance that leads to breathing problems, a loss of consciousness, and illnesses among those exposed to it.

The al-Zenki rebel group was in the spotlight in July after two videos appeared online showing its alleged fighters taunting and then cutting off the head of a Palestinian boy. Washington promised to look into the case and warned of ‘possible’ consequences for the rebels.

The US is still “looking into that incident,” State Department spokesperson Mark Toner told an RT reporter during a press briefing on Wednesday. However, no further details of the inquiry were provided.

“I know that the group itself said they had also made some arrests and set up a commission, an inquiry into the incident,” Toner added, again without providing further information.

“One indeed can ask the United States why it still continues to support this group,” Willy Van Damme, a Belgian journalist, told RT. He added that despite promises from Washington to look into the case, there has been “no reply” ever since.

In a separate incident, Tuesday media reports suggested that toxic gas had been dispersed in an area in which a Russian helicopter had been shot down, in Syria’s Idlib province.

The Kremlin said that it has no information on the issue adding that it’s not always clear what such claims are based on. The UN also said that it can’t confirm these reports, while Washington said that it is investigating the claims.

The Russian military official said that terrorists in the area are hampering the efforts of locals trying to flee the embattled eastern parts of the city.

“Terrorists are trying to prevent the population from fleeing the eastern part of the city of Aleppo the best they can, threatening to shoot civilians or publicly execute them. There are reports that children and women are being turned into suicide bombers to carry out terrorist acts,” Chvarkov stated.

According to the Russian Reconciliation Center, the situation in Aleppo “remains difficult.”

The shelling of the city’s districts from the side of militants continues. Insurgents fired rocket launchers and homemade mortars at the ‘Castello’ shopping mall, the areas of Ansar and al-Hadher as well as the Leramon district,” it said.

According to the latest figures from the Russian military “372 civilians, including 76 children” were able to flee the areas controlled by illegal armed groups in Aleppo via safe routes. Humanitarian corridors were established last week through cooperation between Syrian forces and the Russian Center for Reconciliation in the country. Some 94 gunmen also laid down their arms, figures revealed.

Basic essentials and medical supplies are meanwhile being delivered by Russian convoys to residents of Aleppo, which is plagued by a dire humanitarian situation.

https://www.rt.com/news/354511-toxic-gas-syrian-rebels/

Advertisements

The Syrian opposition unexpectedly sides with Russia against the U.S.

From Fort Russ
October 9, 2015
Ren TV
Translated by Kristina Rus

A representative of the opposition has exposed the lies of Western media about Russian air strikes in Syria.

The Syrian opposition has suddenly issued a statement, denouncing the Western media lie about Russia’s air strikes in Syria. Its representative Qadri Jamil said that Russia does not bomb the “moderate opposition”, as reported by the American and European media, according to Sputnik.

It is illogical to say that the Russians are bombing the opposition. They are bombing the radical opposition “Jabhat An-Nusra”, which some European media called “the Syrian opposition”. But it cannot be called “moderate opposition”, they are the radical Islamists who should be the object of the bombing”, – he said.

Moreover, Jamil said that the forces of the “Free Syrian army” should give Russia their positions so as not to become targets of Russian air strikes.

Also the representative of the Syrian opposition made another sensational statement. The “Free Syrian army” announced that it is not a terrorist organisation and is ready to join the fight against the militants of the “Islamic state” with government forces. 

Also the “Free Syrian army” has declared its readiness to cooperate with Moscow.

http://fortruss.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-syrian-opposition-unexpectedly.html

Lithuanian government intensifies persecutions against anti-imperialist activists

From Nacionalistas

internet_cenzura

On March 19 in various different cities in the country, the Criminal police, on behalf of the politically motivated and pressured Prosecution, has done house searches in the homes of 9 different activists, both separate individuals, as well as members of various movements, all of which expressed and continue to express strict opposition towards NATO membership, US imperialism and the war mongering that is going on today in the region, not to mention a clear stance in favor of independence and national sovereignty, against the dictatorship of Washington and Brussels.

The persons who were affected by this act of persecution include members of the National workers movement, as well as the political party Socialist People’s Front (Socialistinis Liaudies Frontas): Žilvinas Razminas, Giedrius Grabauskas, and others. Many other individuals involved actually are not even active in any organized groups, but are simply being made into scapegoats for the hysterical witch hunt and search for imaginary “anti-constitutional” subversives or “Russian provocateurs”.

It is likely that this situation may develop into political kangaroo show trials against the persons and movements involved, which would have the intention of silencing any kind of dissent or opposition to the status quo and making a public political “lynch” against those who refuse to bow down to the will of the ruling class.

The pretext for these house searches, during which items such as books, personal computers, video cameras, telephones, etc., were confiscated, is an alleged conspiracy to create so-called “anti-constitutional groups”, with the alleged intention of illegally changing the established constitutional order in favor of Russia, which is supposed to be financing these individuals and movements.

However, in fact such allegations are completely false and in contradiction to the fact that these are the people who are actually making a political statement against the de facto subjugation of Lithuania and in favor of the re-establishment of national sovereignty, not to mention that any supposed “financing from Russia” is merely a propaganda cliche intended to discredit and demonize the anti-imperialist movement in our country.

We consider this to be just another step in the ongoing trend of political witch hunts that are only intensifying here, particularly because of the growing tensions in Ukraine, as a result of the US-imperialist instigated coup d’etat and its geopolitical impact on the Middle and Eastern European regions; it shows the pure and utter hypocrisy of the so called “democratic” government of Lithuania which attempts to persecute and suppress people, by violating their civil and basic human rights, in order to create a fictitious “public enemy” and to continue the ongoing hysteria about an alleged “Russian threat”, by labelling sincere patriots as “Russian agents”.

Our struggle is against capitalism and terroristic neoliberal imperialism, which, as we see, is the guiding policy of the USA, that acts as the true master behind the Lithuanian government; it is against the undermining of national sovereignty and for true national independence; we stand for socialism and the independence and freedom of our country, which is absolutely incompatible with the present system of economic exploitation, social injustice and imperialist war mongering. And the persecutions against us are, above all, directed not against any illegal actions, but against the open expression of such a political opinion. However, we do intend to stand firmly by our principles and maintain ourselves within the existing legal framework, in spite of any provocative actions or repressions on behalf of the government apparatus.

Thus we request all people of Europe and the world who support progressive patriotic, anti-imperialist and anti-capitalist causes, to stand in solidarity with the active people of Lithuania and their struggle against the imperialist policies of the USA and EU and for freedom of speech in our country, against the repressions on behalf of the Lithuanian government.

DOWN WITH IMPERIALISM!
LONG LIVE THE INDEPENDENCE OF NATIONS!

revolution fist

https://ltnacionalistas.wordpress.com/angliskai/lithuanian-government-intensifies-persecutions-against-anti-imperialist-activists/