Posted on Fort Russ
February 5, 2015
Translated by Kristina Rus
West and Kiev continue to accuse Russia of having troops in the conflict zone in the East of Ukraine. However, so far no evidence has been provided. Today during the press conference, US Secretary of State John Kerry was also unable to answer the question about the evidence of participation of the Russian military in the conflict in Donbass, and suggested to look for it on social networks.
Today during a joint press conference with Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk in Kiev, the head of the U.S. Department of State, John Kerry, again failed to answer the question if there is strong evidence that Russian soldiers are involved in the conflict in the East of Ukraine. Instead, he invited the journalists to look for it online.
“Social networks are filled with reports and photos of Russian soldiers, who are brought back to Russia dead. And the parents of these soldiers in Russia are told that their sons were killed somewhere in an accident, ” – Kerry said. – There are also prisoners of war who have provided proof of their participation in the conflict (in the East of Ukraine. – RT). And that’s enough.”
Thus, at the moment, neither the West nor Kiev can provide convincing evidence of the presence of the Russian armed forces in the conflict zone. Moreover, not so long ago, the chief of the General Staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, said during a briefing that Ukrainian army does not wage battles against the Russian military units and that Kiev knows only about some Russians fighting on the side of the militia.
“Currently, the Ukrainian army is not fighting with the regular army of Russia”, – said the general. However, Muzhenko stated that the General Staff of the UAF possessed information about the participation of individual citizens of the Russian Federation, including military, in the ranks of illegal armed formations”.
These words of the chief of the General Staff, who has access to the full volume of operational information from the front, clearly are contrary to the official position of Kiev, which from the beginning of the conflict repeatedly declared about an organized invasion of the regular units of the Russian army of the territory of Ukraine.
Recall that recently the President of Ukraine arrived at the economic forum in Davos with a fragment of the bus, exploded near Volnovakha. Petro Poroshenko made an emotional speech in which he accused the tragedy on Russia. In addition, during his speech, he stated that allegedly 9 thousand Russian soldiers are fighting on the territory of Ukraine . However, besides the loud proclamations, no evidence of Moscow’s involvement in the incident with the bus or participation in hostilities of regular units of the Russian army, was presented by the Ukrainian leader.
These words of the President were picked up by the permanent representative of Ukraine to the United Nations, Yuriy Sergeyev. During the last meeting of the Security Council on Ukraine, he not only repeated the words of Poroshenko about 9 thousand Russian soldiers, but added that the military contingent of the army of the Russian Federation in Ukraine continues to grow and has reached 12 thousand people.