Plotnitsky: Donbass still plans to join Russia

March 18, 2017 – Fort Russ News –
RIA Novosti – translated by J. Arnoldski –
Plotnitsky at the conferencePaths of Donbass’ Integration into Russia”
The head of the Lugansk People’s Republic, Igor Plotnitsky, has spoken out in favor of holding a referendum in the DPR and LPR on joining Russia. 
“We do not merely assume, but we are confident that there will necessarily be such a referendum. Of course, we want to initiate it, but there is a time for everything. In fact, in the very beginning there was the question of immediately following the Crimea scenario so that we could become part of the Russian Federation, but things turned out a little differently. But this question has never been withdrawn,” Plotnitsky said yesterday in response to a question on whether the Donbass republics will hold a referendum on reunification with Russia as happened in Crimea.
In Plotnitsky’s words: “If such a referendum will be held, and it of course will be, then the results will be just like in Crimea.”
Plotnitsky also stated that the leadership of the DPR and LPR considers Kiev’s decision to blockade Donbass a de facto recognition of the republics’ independence. “You only declare a blockade against those whom you recognize,” Plotnitsky remarked. 
Dmitry Peskov, the press secretary of Russian President Vladimir Putin, said that Moscow has no written scripts on the possibility of incorporating the DPR and LPR into Russia. 
Advertisements

Ukraine resumes water supplies to LPR

From DNI News

March 13, 2017

Ukraine has resumed water supplies to the Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR) from the Western water treatment plant located in the Kiev-controlled territory, reported a spokesman of the Luganskvoda company on Sunday.

“Ukraine resumed water supplies to the republic from the Western water treatment plant in the evening on March 11,” he said, reports TASS.

Water supplies to the LPR from the Western water treatment plant were stopped overnight to March 11 without any notification. Ukraine said water supplies had been stopped due to an accident at the water mains but did not provide any documents proving that.

DONi News Agency

https://savedonbasspeople.info/en/news/ukraine-resumes-water-supplies-to-lpr/

Kiev cuts off water to Lugansk

From Fort Russ

March 11, 2017 – Fort Russ News –
By J. Arnoldski
Kiev has cut off water supplies to the Lugansk People’s Republic, the Ministry of Communications of the LPR has reported.
Water supplies from the Western Filtration and Pumping Station were cut off at 3:00 A.M. Although Kiev has said such is the result of an industrial accident, the LPR says that no official documents confirming such have been provided.
The water station in question is on Ukrainian territory and supplies water to Pervomaysk, Stakhanov, Kirovsk, Bryanka, Alchevsk, Perevalsk, Krasny Luch, and Antratsit. 
LPR authorities have warned that changes in water delivery schedules will be implemented in connection with this incident. 
This is not the first time that Ukraine has used water as a weapon against the Donbass republics. Earlier this week, on March 6th, Ukraine cut off supplies from the Petrovsky Pumping Station which supplies water to Slavyanoserbsk and Lugansk. 
According to the LPR’s Lugansk Water Corporation, the republic has reduced its dependency on water supplies from Ukraine to 15%, with approximately 84% of water demand covered by the republic itself. This does not mean, however, that civilians do not suffer when Kiev decides to cut off water and other necessities. Rather, this fits into the larger framework of Ukraine’s war of attrition or psychological warfare against the Donbass republics. 

NATO-trained and armed foreign mercenaries deploy against Donbass to back Kiev regime

March 10, 2017 – Fort Russ News –
– TzVezda – Translated by James Harmon

Several hundred foreign fighters were deployed to the line of contact in the Donbass, reporters learned at a briefing with spokesman of the People’s Militia of independant Lugansk People’s Republic, Andrei Marochko.
“According to available information, in the settlements located near the line of contact, several hundred mercenaries from Canada, the Baltic states, Poland and Georgia, armed with small arms and light armored vehicles were deployed” – said the representative of the People’s Militia.
According to Marochko, in various localities, placement of field mercenaries in field camps, where foreign military instructors train soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. They are armed with small arms, via NATO’s “unofficial” support.
Marochko said that mercenaries are preparing snipers whom are taught to perform conducting sweeps in urban environments, as well as training of subterfuge operation groups engaged in sabotage, which are planned to send later into the Donbass.

Ukrainian terrorist network unmasked: Lugansk reveals investigation results in Anashchenko & Givi murders

March 10, 2017 – Fort Russ News –
By J. Arnoldski –
Today, March 10th, two significant announcement have come out of Lugansk pertaining to Ukrainian terrorist operations in general and the assassinations of commanders Anashchenko and Givi in particular.
Igor Kornet, the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Lugansk People’s Republic, officially stated that the persons (no number is given) involved in the assassination of People’s Militia commander Oleg Anashchenko on February 4th have been arrested on the territory of the LPR. Kornet also confirmed that the suspects were servicemen of the Ukrainian army. 
“All of them are servicemen of the special forces of the Ukrainian Armed Forces who were deployed to Lugansk as part of saboteur-terrorist groups to commit terrorist acts on the orders of the Security Service of Ukraine. They are now being interrogated,” Kornet announced. 
The minister added that two weapons and ammunition caches, plus an explosive device, were uncovered by police during the investigation. Kornet stressed the significance of this discovery: “This stock and the type of weapons and equipment therein prove that the terrorist act committed by those now arrested is far from the only act of intimidation planned by Ukrainian special forces on the territory of the free republics.” 
Kornet’s statement on the Anashchenko case was immediately followed by a press statement of the LPR’s Minister of State Security, Leonid Pasechnik. According to Pasechnik, the ministry has discovered a special department within the Security Service of Ukraine, headed by Colonel Anatoly Sandursky, codenamed “Hutor”, which directly engages in organizing sabotage and terrorist activities in the people’s republics and the Russian Federation.
According to Pasechnik, Givi’s assassins were servicemen of the 8th special forces regiment of the Ukrainian Armed Forces under the command of Colonel Oleg Nechaev and the 8th regiment’s intelligence chief, Major Pavel Balov, codenamed “Kedr,” who is stationed in the city of Khmelnitsky in Ukraine. This specific unit is part of the larger terrorist operations division under investigation by Lugansk’s security forces.
“These people bear direct responsibility for this crime [the assassination of Givi] and other crimes committed in the LPR, DPR, and Russian Federation, for example in Crimea,” the LPR’s security minister emphasized.

 

Pasechnik added that at the present moment a detachment of the above-mentioned regiment numbering 120-150 troops is located in Starobelsk not far from Lugansk. The unit has been estimated to be divided into four saboteur-reconnaissance groups numbering 12 to 17 men each. 

February 18, Putin signs Executive Order recognizing DPR/LPR documents, visa-free travel to Russia

From the Kremlin
February 18, 2017

Vladimir Putin signed Executive Order On Recognition in the Russian Federation of Documents and Vehicle Registration Plates Issued to Ukrainian Citizens and Stateless Persons Permanently Residing in Certain Districts of Ukraine’s Donetsk and Lugansk Regions.

Being guided by universally recognised principles and standards of the international humanitarian law and in order to protect the rights and freedoms of individuals, the President has resolved that temporarily, during the political settlement period of the crisis in certain districts of Ukraine’s Donetsk and Lugansk regions pursuant to the Minsk Agreements, personal identification documents, education and (or) qualification certificates, birth certificates, marriage, divorce, name change and death certificates, vehicle registration certificates, and vehicle registration plates issued by the corresponding authorities (organisations), valid in the specified district, will be recognised in the Russian Federation as valid for Ukrainian citizens and stateless persons permanently residing in those areas.

Pursuant to the Executive Order, Ukrainian citizens and stateless persons permanently residing in certain districts of Ukraine’s Donetsk and Lugansk regions can enter and leave the Russian Federation without applying for visas upon showing identification documents (birth certificates for children under the age of 16), issued by the corresponding authorities which are valid in the said districts.

The Government of the Russian Federation has been instructed to take the necessary measures to implement this Executive Order.

The Executive Order will come into effect upon its signing.

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/53895

Lugansk: Ukraine deploys armored convoy towards Avdeevka, Debaltsevo

February 9, 2017 – Fort Russ News –
RusVesna – translated by J. Arnoldski –
In violation of the Minsk Agreements, Kiev’s military has deployed a column of armored vehicles, including tanks and Grad and Hurricane volley fire rocket systems, from Izyum in the Kharkov region to the so-called Anti-Terrorist Operation Zone.
According to the official speaker of the People’s Militia of the Lugansk People’s Republic, Lieutenant Colonel Andrey Morochko: “The Ukrainian military continues to violate the Minsk Agreement provisions on placing military vehicles close to the contact line, and continues to build up their unit capacity in the ATO zone.” 
Marochko told journalists at a press briefing: “According to our information, yesterday a large convoy of military vehicles of the armed forces of Ukraine was moved from Izyum in the Kharkov region to the so-called ATO zone. Specifically: tanks, self-propelled artillery, Grad and Hurricane volley fire rocket systems, infantry fighting vehicles, armored personnel carriers loaded with servicemen, and ammunition.”
“In the town of Slavyansk,” the lieutenant colonel reported, “the convoy was divided. One portion of military vehicles was sent in the direction of Avdeevka, and the other in the direction of Mironovsky. UAF servicemen are concentrating their forces for possible offensive operations in the Avdeevka and Debaltsevo area.”

 

In addition, Marochko stated: “The movement of the Ukrainian armed forces’ vehicles in the direction of the contact line during night and the seizure of a farm in the village of Vidrodzhenny have been noted.”